Saturday, April 14, 2012

Crocheted Doily Wedding Dress Remake

So I am getting married in August, going to fly out to Vegas and have fun rather than the traditional ceremony. Just not for me. So, I was looking up dresses and couldn't really picture myself in any of them. So I started looking into ideas of making my
Own. Which came about because of a trip to Joann Fabrics, and
Realizing they have all the required material to make a wedding dress. But then I got to thinking that I wanted something that said me. So I started looking into the idea of crocheting a dress. Upon google searching and google searching and some
Very awful styles of gowns I came across this one. It's absolutely beautiful! It's perfect. it's different but still elegant and this bride pulled it of perfectly. So I began searching to see if she had posted a pattern for this and to no avail I found nothing. Just hundreds of people reposting the picture and complimenting it. So I have now decided with 4 months away I am
Going to make my own rendition of this dress. So today I start making doilys ( which is very time consuming) until I have enough that I need to cover a dress. I do like the style of dress this bride used and the length so I will also be searching for the Perfect under dress. As the doilys get done I will by posting pictures of them and my progress, and of course any other projects I make along the way. Stay tuned !

2 comments:

  1. How beautiful. Looking forward to watching this take shape. It will be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had made this for my wedding. It is gorgeous. I can't wait to see yours. congratulations!

    ReplyDelete